One dead and one injured after shooting in El Factor

María Trinidad Sánchez. – A shooting recorded on the night of Thursday, September 25, in the El Papayo community, in the municipality of El Factor, left one person dead and another injured, according to reports from residents of the area. The victim was identified as Natanael Hernández, who received multiple gunshot wounds and died at the scene.

You may be interested in: Authorities expand investigation to clarify the death of a Spanish citizen

While the injured person is Yoelvis Cortorreal, known as “Mesan”, son of a lady nicknamed Nena. He was urgently transferred to a health center, where he remains receiving medical attention. So far, the authorities have not offered an official report on the circumstances of the confrontation or those responsible for the event. It is expected that in the coming hours the National Police and the DICRIM will offer more details. The violent event has generated consternation among the residents of the community, who demand justice and call for greater security in the area.

In the spotlight

  • aplicacion - banner 300px

  • banner altices 300x250 junio 2025

Explore more

Banreservas Cultural Center announces the Fifth Theater Season dedicated to Giovanny Cruz

Santo Domingo. - The Cultural Center Banreservas announced the Fifth Theater Season, dedicated to the outstanding theater artist, director and producer Giovanny Cruz, to be held in Santo Domingo and Santiago from March 7 to 29, with a calendar that will include eight plays of different genres. The programming will take place at the Sala […]

Hubieres has called on the Government not to abandon Independence corridor drivers

SANTO DOMINGO.- The president of the National Federation of Transportation the New Option, (Fenatrano), Juan Hubieres, called on the Government not to abandon the drivers of the Independence corridor. The unionist said that the authorities have forgotten hundreds of drivers who are destitute. You may be interested in: Hubieres demand to start construction of the […]

Masha is released, says Diego Pesqueira

Santo Domingo.- The urban exponent Ashley Mariel Victoriano, known as Masha, who was shot early in the morning of Monday, February 16, was released on the afternoon of this Tuesday, as confirmed to this media outlet by the spokesperson for the National Police, Diego Pesqueira. Masha was arrested after the vehicle she was traveling in […]

More than 395 thousand hospitalizations in the DR could have been prevented

Santo Domingo, D.R. - The Superintendency of Health and Occupational Risks (SISALRIL) and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) presented a report on Avoidable Hospitalizations (HE) in the Family Health Insurance (SFS), during the period 2019-2024. The results revealed that in five years there were 395,248 hospitalizations that could have been prevented with timely outpatient […]

One of those involved in violent assault captured on video in broad daylight in Santiago is delivered

Santiago. – One of the two men linked to the violent assault against a woman, which occurred on Saturday afternoon in the El Paraíso urbanization, Padres Las Casas sector, voluntarily surrendered to the National Police, after the event was captured on video and widely disseminated on social media. The detainee was identified as "Luis Rafael […]

Guzmán Peralta retires and is appointed police advisor to the Executive Branch

Santo Domingo.- Major General Ramón Antonio Guzmán Peralta was placed in an honorable retirement situation after the cessation of his duties as general director of the National Police and appointed advisor to the President of the Republic on police matters. The provision was adopted by President Luis Abinader through Decree No. 111-26, which also establishes […]