Armed robbery attempt unleashes chaos at Brooklyn post office

  • aplicacion - banner 728px

NEW YORK - A scene of extreme tension was experienced this Monday in Brooklyn when an armed man broke into a United States Postal Service (USPS) office, took a woman hostage and fired multiple shots before fleeing on a motorcycle. Despite the violent episode, no injuries were reported. The incident occurred around 1:13 p.m. at the branch located at 1288 Coney Island Avenue, in the Midwood sector. According to the New York Police (NYPD), the suspect entered armed and pointed a gun at the back of a 37-year-old woman, the only customer present in the lobby. He then demanded money from the postal staff, causing panic among the employees, who fled to protect themselves.

Read more: Police arrest "La Gata"; for multiple robberies in Santiago

According to witnesses, the assailant fired four times at the door separating the public area from the staff, without managing to enter the restricted area or obtain cash. "He didn't find anything... we are all shocked," declared a worker to amNY under condition of anonymity. Minutes after the failed robbery, the subject escaped on a motorcycle heading west on the same Coney Island Avenue. However, around 1:32 p.m., he struck again. This time, he attempted to rob a Pay-O-Matic check-cashing business on Utica Avenue, in the East Flatbush area. As in the first attempt, he failed to steal anything and, in his hasty escape, lost control of the motorcycle and crashed, at which point he was finally apprehended by the authorities. A firearm, presumed to have been used in both incidents, was recovered at the scene. The suspect, whose identity has not yet been revealed, remains in custody at the NYPD's 63rd Precinct. According to police sources, he has so far refused to cooperate with investigators. Following the initial incident, the USPS office was closed to the public to allow for the collection of ballistic evidence and the review of security camera footage. The U.S. Postal Inspection Service confirmed that it is working in conjunction with local authorities to clarify what happened. "We are actively collaborating with our police partners in this ongoing investigation," the agency said in a statement.

In the spotlight

  • aplicacion - banner 300px

  • banner altices 300x250 junio 2025

Explore more

Trump's Peace Council: Who joins and who stays out?

This Thursday, the first meeting of the Peace Council of the President of the United States, Donald Trump, was held, created to support the maintenance of peace in the Gaza Strip. Around two dozen nations participated in the meeting and, according to Axios, the meeting made it clear which countries, specifically, will participate in the future […]

Trump accuses Obama of revealing classified information in response to extraterrestials

Los Ángeles.- El presidente de EE.UU., Donald Trump, accused this Thursday former President Barack Obama of revealing classified information, after he said that extraterrestrials "are real" in a recent podcast interview. “He gave classified information; he’s not supposed to do that,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on a trip to the state of […]

Former President Pedro Castillo requests a pardon from the new leader Balcázar

Lima.- The Peruvian ex-president Pedro Castillo (2021-2022), who is serving a sentence of 11 years and 5 months in prison for rebellion after unsuccessfully attempting a coup d'état at the end of 2022, requested this Thursday a pardon from the new interim president of the country, José Balcázar, congressman of the Marxist party Perú Libre, […]

President of Peru reaffirms stance that early sex helps women

Lima.- The new interim president of Peru, the leftist José María Balcázar, reaffirmed on his first day as president his controversial stance on early sexual relations, which he says help the psychological future of women and which already caused outrage in 2023 when he was a congressman. "I never change my opinion, I am a […]

Prince Andrew detained for alleged links to Epstein

At least six police vehicles and a dozen plainclothes officers stormed Sandringham estate in Norfolk this Thursday morning with the aim of arresting Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, following accusations of "suspicion of misconduct in the exercise of a public office" related to the Epstein files. The emails and documents that led to […]

Trump announces that the U.S. will contribute $10 billion to its Peace Board

Washington.- The President of the United States, Donald Trump, announced this Thursday that his country will contribute about 10 billion dollars to the Peace Board he created to resolve world conflicts, starting with that of Gaza. «I want you to know that the U.S. will make a contribution of 10 billion dollars to the Peace […]