Tuesday, May 19, 2026

DR breaks record with over 11.6 million visitors in 2025

  • aplicacion - banner 728px

Santo Domingo.- The Dominican Republic received 11.6 million visitors in 2025, a record figure for the country's tourism, announced Tourism Minister David Collado this Thursday.

When announcing the results of the tourism industry's performance in the past year, Collado explained that the arrival of visitors last year represented a growth of 37.8% compared to 2022, 13.3% more than in 2023 and 4.3% above that in 2024.

By air, according to the official, 8.8 million visitors arrived, while 2.8 million arrived by cruise ship.

Where does tourism to the Dominican Republic come from?

"Those arrivals, by air and sea routes, marked other historic annual records for the country, receiving 11,676,901 visitors," said Minister Collado.
You can also read: December 2025 marks the best month in the history of Dominican tourism
República Dominicana Turismo
The official indicated that in December alone, the country received more than 1.3 million visitors, which is 14.2% more than in 2024. The countries that contributed the most visitors were the United States, Canada, Argentina and Colombia, Collado detailed.

Hotel Occupancy Exceeds 71%

Meanwhile, the airports that received the most tourists in the recently ended year were Punta Cana with 51%, Las Américas (28%), Cibao (12%), Puerto Plata (4%), El Higüero (2.5%) and La Romana (2.5%).

You may be interested in: David Collado assures that he will continue at the head of the Ministry of Tourism "for a while longer"

The official also stated that hotel occupancy exceeded 71% throughout the year, while tourist satisfaction levels were 4.4 on a scale of 5.
República Dominicana Turismo
Despite all the adversities due to international circumstances, "Dominican tourism recorded the greatest growth in its history," underlined Minister Collado.

In the spotlight

  • aplicacion - banner 300px

  • banner altices 300x250 junio 2025

Explore more

Senate would approve labor reform without modifying severance pay issue

By: Linda Veras Santo Domingo.- The President of the Senate of the Republic, Ricardo de los Santos, assured the union organizations that the reform to the Labor Code will be approved as it arrives from the Chamber of Deputies, without altering what refers to severance. The information was offered after a meeting between union representatives […]

Government freezes fuels and LPG with a subsidy of RD$1,657 million

The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and SMEs (MICM) reported that the Dominican Government, through a subsidy of RD$1.657 billion, will keep the main fuels frozen for the week of May 9 to 15, as part of its plan to mitigate the impact of the current international crisis. For that week, regular and premium gasoline, optimal […]

Accounting Chamber records a 1,100% increase in citizen complaints in the first quarter of 2026

Santo Domingo. – The Chamber of Accounts of the Dominican Republic (CCRD) registered a significant and unprecedented growth in the reception of citizen complaints during the year 2026, consolidating itself as a channel increasingly used by the population to ensure the proper use of public resources. Between January and April 2026, the institution received a […]

Great-grandfather of boy found dead in Hato Damas says more than 1 young person involved in the incident

Hato Damas, San Cristóbal.- Ciprián Pineda, great-grandfather of the child Raudier Steben Martínez Corporán, 10 years old, demanded this Friday justice for the death of the minor and asked that the case be taken “to the ultimate consequences”, indicating that more than 1 young person is involved. Amidst the pain that engulfs the family while […]

Social sectors call for peaceful strike in Las Galeras due to construction of polyclinic and road asphalting

Las Galeras. Social sectors of the municipal district of Las Galeras called for this Sunday a peaceful strike starting at 6:00 in the morning, in claim to the National Health Service (SNS) so that the process of construction of the polyclinic of the community of Rincón continues. Likewise, the protest call is also directed at […]

The IBEX 35 falls 0.95% and loses the 18,000 mark amid attacks from the US and Iran in Hormuz

Madrid.– The Ibex 35 registered a downward close this Friday, pressured by the increase in geopolitical tensions between the United States and Iran and the rise in the price of Brent oil, which again stood above 100 dollars per barrel. The main index of the Spanish Stock Exchange fell by around 0.9%, on a day […]