Monday, May 18, 2026

New police detachment opens in El Guanito, Bayaguana

Monte Plata.– The Presidential Commission for Provincial Development (CPADP) delivered this Wednesday a new and modern police detachment in the community of El Guanito, in the municipality of Bayaguana, with the purpose of strengthening citizen security and dignifying the working conditions of the National Police agents. During the event, the director of the CPADP, Ángel de la Cruz, highlighted that the work responds to a management model that integrates the joint work between the central Government, local authorities and various community sectors.

"What was once a structure on the verge of collapse is now a modern and functional police station. This demonstrates President Luis Abinader's commitment to bringing development to all territories of the country," said de la Cruz.

The new detachment includes private reporting areas, administrative offices, spaces for technology and monitoring, an equipped kitchen, and separate dormitories for male and female police officers. He emphasized as a significant advance the incorporation of an exclusive area for female agents, something non-existent in the community.
You can also read: Supervise progress of the new Bayaguana detachment
From her side, the provincial governor, Rafaela Javier, described the new detachment as a radical change for El Guanito.

"Before, what was here was a shack in deplorable conditions. Today we have a modern, illuminated, and equipped facility. We thank President Abinader and the CPADP for this investment that, for the first time, reaches this place," said the official.

General Acosta, representing the National Police, valued the construction of the detachment, noting that the community had been demanding better facilities for years and that the number of agents in the area will increase to 10. The activity was attended by the political leader Anderson de los Santos.

New works for the community announced

Ángel De la Cruz also reported that the CPADP, along with local leaders and residents, will begin the search for land for the construction of a mixed court and a community center, works that will be designed and tendered in the coming months.

"We want the young people of El Guanito to have a place to practice sports and for the community to have a dignified space for their social activities," he said.

With the delivery of the detachment, the Government reaffirms its commitment to strengthening security and the development of the rural communities of Monte Plata.

In the spotlight

  • aplicacion - banner 300px

  • banner altices 300x250 junio 2025

Explore more

Senate would approve labor reform without modifying severance pay issue

By: Linda Veras Santo Domingo.- The President of the Senate of the Republic, Ricardo de los Santos, assured the union organizations that the reform to the Labor Code will be approved as it arrives from the Chamber of Deputies, without altering what refers to severance. The information was offered after a meeting between union representatives […]

Government freezes fuels and LPG with a subsidy of RD$1,657 million

The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and SMEs (MICM) reported that the Dominican Government, through a subsidy of RD$1.657 billion, will keep the main fuels frozen for the week of May 9 to 15, as part of its plan to mitigate the impact of the current international crisis. For that week, regular and premium gasoline, optimal […]

Accounting Chamber records a 1,100% increase in citizen complaints in the first quarter of 2026

Santo Domingo. – The Chamber of Accounts of the Dominican Republic (CCRD) registered a significant and unprecedented growth in the reception of citizen complaints during the year 2026, consolidating itself as a channel increasingly used by the population to ensure the proper use of public resources. Between January and April 2026, the institution received a […]

Great-grandfather of boy found dead in Hato Damas says more than 1 young person involved in the incident

Hato Damas, San Cristóbal.- Ciprián Pineda, great-grandfather of the child Raudier Steben Martínez Corporán, 10 years old, demanded this Friday justice for the death of the minor and asked that the case be taken “to the ultimate consequences”, indicating that more than 1 young person is involved. Amidst the pain that engulfs the family while […]

Social sectors call for peaceful strike in Las Galeras due to construction of polyclinic and road asphalting

Las Galeras. Social sectors of the municipal district of Las Galeras called for this Sunday a peaceful strike starting at 6:00 in the morning, in claim to the National Health Service (SNS) so that the process of construction of the polyclinic of the community of Rincón continues. Likewise, the protest call is also directed at […]

The IBEX 35 falls 0.95% and loses the 18,000 mark amid attacks from the US and Iran in Hormuz

Madrid.– The Ibex 35 registered a downward close this Friday, pressured by the increase in geopolitical tensions between the United States and Iran and the rise in the price of Brent oil, which again stood above 100 dollars per barrel. The main index of the Spanish Stock Exchange fell by around 0.9%, on a day […]