The Kremlin dismisses as "empty" accusations of violating EU airspace

The Kremlin stated on Monday that the accusations of violating the airspace of some European countries, made in recent days by members of the European Union (EU), are unfounded and "empty".

"We consider such words to be empty, unfounded, and a continuation of the completely furious line of escalating tensions that provoke an atmosphere of confrontation," said Russian Presidential Spokesman Dmitry Peskov at his daily telephone press conference.

Peskov responded in this way to a question about a series of accusations regarding the incursion of Russian drones or aircraft into European airspace, including the complaint from Estonia at the end of last week.

"It's not new for Estonia's foreign policy or other Baltic countries. We constantly observe it. But now, of course, to our regret, this is further exacerbating tensions in the region," Peskov said.

The Kremlin spokesman insisted that Russian forces comply "strictly" with international norms, also with regard to flight regulations.

The Russian Ministry of Defense previously denied that its fighter jets violated Estonian airspace, as reported by Tallinn on Friday, which invoked Article 4 of the NATO Treaty to hold consultations with allies.

Estonia accused Russia on Friday of violating its airspace with three Russian fighter jets, which, according to Tallinn, remained for 12 minutes in the air over the island of Vaindlo, in the Gulf of Finland, forcing NATO air patrol aircraft to intervene.

At the request of Estonia, an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council will take place today in New York to address the incident.

In parallel, Poland reported that it had also detected two Russian fighter jets over the Baltic Sea this Friday, where they performed a low-altitude flight in the vicinity of the Petrobaltic oil extraction platform and violated its security zone, according to the Polish Border Guard.

These incidents add to another incursion of about twenty Russian drones into Polish airspace on September 10, and another by a drone into Romanian airspace on September 14.

The air raid on September 9-10 by Russian drones in Polish territory forced NATO to reinforce security on its eastern flank.

In the spotlight

  • aplicacion - banner 300px

  • banner altices 300x250 junio 2025

Explore more

The Peruvian Prosecutor's Office investigates President José Jerí for alleged influence peddling

Lima.- The Public Ministry of Peru opened another preliminary investigation against the interim president, the right-winger José Jerí, for the alleged commission of the crime of aggravated influence peddling due to the irregular hiring of young women who got jobs in the Executive after meeting with the president at the Government Palace. This was revealed […]

River burns with the sun and creativity at the street carnival party

Rio de Janeiro.- With semi-naked bodies exposed to the lash of a sun that gave no respite, Rio de Janeiro burned this Sunday amidst music, color, and much imagination in the street parades that took over the city in full carnival. Cowboys are pink hats, bare breasts, and even the rumberos who 'didn't manage' to […]

Gisèle Pelicot wants to visit her ex-husband in prison because "she needs to understand"

Paris.- Gisèle Pelicot stated that she intends to visit her ex-husband, sentenced to 20 years in prison for having offered her to about fifty people to be raped while she was drugged between 2011 and 2020, because she still "needs to understand". "I have pending questions: Why did he make us suffer all this? Why […]

Daycare teacher arrested for alleged sexual abuse of 4 girls in Brooklyn

The detainee is alleged to have committed repeated sexual abuse against four girls aged between 5 and 9 New York.- A 30-year-old man who worked as a teacher in a daycare center in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn was arrested and charged with multiple crimes related to alleged sexual abuse against minors, local authorities reported. […]

Rubio claims that Venezuela is much better now than before Maduro's capture

Vienna.- The United States Secretary of State, Marco Rubio, stated this Sunday that the situation in Venezuela is now much better than before the capture of President Nicolás Maduro on January 3rd and said that, although many countries did not like it, the operation was a success that he is proud of. "There's still a […]

U.S. intercepts another tanker in the Indian Ocean for violating its crude oil blockade in the Caribbean

Washington.- The Department of War of the United States announced this Sunday that it intercepted in the Indian Ocean another tanker that, according to Washington, violated the blockade imposed on the oil operations in the Caribbean related to Venezuela and Cuba and tried to escape the US encirclement. "During the night, the U.S. forces carried […]