Preventive prison imposed on three men accused of stealing metro cables

Santo Domingo.- The Permanent Attention Office of Santo Domingo Oeste imposed 12 months of preventive prison to three defendants for the alleged theft of electrical cables from a contractor of the second metro line of Santo Domingo, in addition to imposing an economic guarantee to about two.

Luegi Rafael Martínez Victoria, Dieussibon Pierre Louis and Jonathan Emmanuel Vásquez Núñez must serve preventive prison in the Correction and Rehabilitation Center (CCR) Najayo Hombres, the Public Ministry reported this Sunday in a note.

You may be interested in: Prison for woman who sexually exploited a teenager she moved to neighboring Haiti

Meanwhile, Colombian Alfonso David Montoya Dávila, from the exporter Bismont Ecorecicling, will have to pay an economic guarantee of 800,000 pesos and Alejandro Rondón Acosta another 500,000 pesos. The accused, who were imposed a travel ban, must appear periodically before the authorities, said the prosecution body. The investigation establishes that on June 8th in the La Venta sector, of the Santo Domingo Oeste municipality, those involved stole essential materials for the electrical system of the Los Alcarrizos metro line under construction. Dieussibon Pierre Louis, who served as the security guard of the ship where the cables were stored, facilitated the entry of the former employee and fugitive Enercido Viola Familia and Jonathan Emmanuel Vásquez Núñez, driver of the truck used in the robbery, a vehicle belonging to Alejandro Rondón Acosta. The accused allegedly stole two rolls of 120-millimeter square supporting cables, which would be used to power the subway cars' electrical system. During the hearing, litigating prosecutors Adalgiza Hernández and Alexandra Marine presented the evidence linking the accused to the theft of approximately 16,000 pounds of copper, valued at more than 300,000 euros, which were sold to Jorge René Juliao Elena.

In the spotlight

  • aplicacion - banner 300px

  • banner altices 300x250 junio 2025

Explore more

Report theft of three engines and pleads for help due to lack of responses

Santo Domingo.- Henry Junior Zabala, 29 years old, went to the editorial office of De Último Minuto to report the theft of three motorcycles in a period of a year and a half, assuring that despite multiple complaints to the National Police and other instances, he has not received concrete answers. The complainant explained that […]

Once again! Hearing against Jean Alain Rodríguez postponed to February 25

Santo Domingo.- The justice postponed the hearing scheduled for February 25 against former Attorney General of the Republic Jean Alain Rodríguez Sánchez for alleged administrative corruption, the Public Ministry reported this Wednesday. Court attorney Mirna Ortiz told the press that Alain Rodriguez's defense is "weak and disorganized" and continues to present "weak arguments" against the […]

Gynecologists who have been brought to justice for sexual abuse allegations in the country

Santo Domingo.- In recent years, several gynecologists have been brought to justice in the Dominican Republic following reports of sexual abuse filed by patients during medical consultations. The cases have been known in courts of different jurisdictions and have led to arrests, coercive measures, and convictions. The most recent case is that of doctor Wilbert […]

Convict recaptured after fleeing Moca court following double homicide sentence

Santo Domingo.- The Public Ministry reported the capture of Orlando Fabián Ángeles, alias “Orlandito”, who had escaped last year from a Moca court after being sentenced to 30 years in prison for the death of a man and a girl. The arrest was carried out by the Fugitives, Rebels and Convicts Capture Unit (Ucaprec) through […]

Public Health closes medical center linked to doctor accused of abuse in SFM

San Francisco de Macorís .- The Ministry of Public Health ordered the closure of the Centro Galeno Diagnóstico Las Guáranas (Cegadig), owned by the doctor Wilbert Polanco Sanz, accused of sexual abuse in San Francisco de Macorís. According to information released by the Agenda 56 portal, the professional not only offered consultations as a general […]

New driver's license will be issued to the public starting March 2nd

Santo Domingo.- The National Institute of Transit and Land Transportation (Intrant) will begin on Monday, March 2, the issuance to the general public of the new driver's license, as part of the system modernization process. Within the framework of this transition, President Luis Abinader will receive his new document on February 26. The new license […]