The President of the United States, Donald Trump, responded this Tuesday to warnings from Iran that it would act firmly against any US aggression against the Islamic Republic, shaken by a wave of violent anti-government protests.
"Iran said the same thing the last time I destroyed their nuclear capability, which they no longer have, so they better behave," the president told the press from Andrews Air Force Base, referring to the '12-day war' against the Persian country last year.
You may be interested in: http://Trump calls the Federal Reserve chairman a "cretin" and says he "will leave soon"
Previously, Iranian Defense Minister Aziz Nasirzadeh, warned that Tehran will not accept any aggression, adding that his country has "surprise" capabilities to counter threats.
For his part, Trump called on Iranian protesters to continue protesting and promised to grant them some kind of support. Likewise, threatened with "taking very strong measures" if the Iranian authorities begin to "hang" the protesters.- The protests in Iran erupted in late December, after merchants in the capital closed their businesses to protest the devaluation of the Iranian rial, which fell to historic lows against the US dollar.
- Trump threatened to intervene in Iran if deaths of protesters were recorded.
- Around 2,000 people, including members of the security forces, have died in the protests, according to an Iranian official cited by Reuters.
- Tehran, for its part, has accused the US and Israel of instrumentalizing the protests as part of a "soft war" and has warned severely against any interference in the internal affairs of the Islamic Republic.








